Installing Ekiga on Windows
Revision as of 12:53, 21 February 2012 by Eugen
- Ekiga 3.2.7 (18MB) The current stable release (choose this one if unsure).
- Ekiga 3.3.2 unstable (20MB) The current unstable release.
Ekiga settings are stored:
- for ekiga >= 3.4: in your Application Data directory, such as
C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Local Settings\Application Data.
- for ekiga version <= 3.3.2: in
%APPDATA%\ekiga.confdirectory. To find out the value of
%APPDATA%on your computer (it may be something like
c:\Users\root\AppData\Roaming), open a command terminal and type
To see that file, you may need to activate show hidden files and directories.
You can edit the settings with a editor such as wordpad.
Ekiga is a 32-bit program but it also works on 64-bit machines.
- The automatic discovery of users on the same network (called neighbours) does not work on Windows (see: this bug).
- The camera takes around 4-7 seconds to initialise at the beginning of each communication (see: this bug).