Damien plans to migrate the ekiga.net VoIP service from SER (SIP Express Router) software to the OpenSER. This is a summary page of the work to be done, and a place to write down problems we face (and hopefully their solution).
The Web Interface
WRITEME (Damien, Yannick, Fab?)
- There is an issue here: it seems no one has patched SerWeb 0.9.6 to work with OpenSER 1.2.x.
- We develpped our own interface for Kamailio. (Yannick)
The Database Backend
+++ POSTPONED +++
For me (Jan), the database backend is the most tricky part to be done.
We still use MySQL. (Yannick)
Current SER Database
The SER software currently uses a MySQL database backend. For several reasons I want to replace this backend:
- try something new ;-)
- MySQL is sometimes (unpredictable - from my point of view) slow
- MySQL puts far too much readlocks on the tables and such locks the application
Future OpenSER Database
The OpenSER software has a PostgreSQL database layer.
- migrate from one RDBMS (MySQL) to another (PostgreSQL): datatypes!
- migrate from one schema (SER) to another (OpenSER): payload migration
Software: Kamailio (what a hard name to type!)
We now use Kamailio.
Get The Work Done
The migration steps to far...
- POSTPONED: analyze both database schemas
- POSTPONED: hack a migration script that transfers payload
- POSTPONED: test the migration script with the full payload data
- DONE: test-install of current PostgreSQL
- DONE: test-install of OpenSER (Kamai...whatever)
- DONE: test-install of (new?) SERWeb software (UPDATE: Own webinterface will be used)
- WAITING: supporter-scripts (e.g. the pending mailer): find out what to do, hack. Might be obsolete for some scripts. DONE?